Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My ENTIRE 32g reef plan. caution lots of writing! ;)
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.01(Fri)12:52    Post subject: My ENTIRE 32g reef plan. caution lots of writing! ;) Reply with quote

32g Reef plans

Dimensions:
21x30x12 (h x l x w) 32g

Lighting:
2x55watt pc 1 antic and one 10k bulb. Plus 2x20watt no fluorescent bulbs. One Antic and one 10k. Approximately 150watts, which equals 4.7watts per gallon.

Inhabitants:
2 x False Percula (2 juveniles)
1-2 x Orange Fire Fish (if 2(A pair))
1 x Mandarin Goby (if there is a colony of pods)
2 x Coral Banded Shrimp (a mated pair)
10-15 x Various Snails (herbivores and Scavengers)

Refugium:
15g tank with 2x20 no fluorescent bulbs. One antic bulb and one 10k bulb, the lights will always be on. It will contain various species of calerpa and live rock to filter the tank. The refugium will contain the skimmer and the heater for the tank. Some mushroom corals might be introduced to the refugium so that I can farm them and introduce them into the main tank or sell them.

Corals:
There will be a few species of corals in the tank, including mushroom corals, xienia, open brain coral, button polyps, star polyps and several other species or coral. An anemone!!! Might!!! be added if possible. Though I HIGHLY doubt one will be added.

Water changes/top off/overflow:
Water changes will be preformed weekly and a 20% water change will be done. The water will be prepared in a 7.5g tank, which will have a heater and power head in it. An automatic top of system might be constructed using a float switch and a 5g tank. An over flow will be constructed by having a small 1
2 winged demons
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.08.03(Sun)16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys but I have recently decided that my first saltwater in australia going to be a 20g but if you want to use this plan to make your own tank use it!
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: