Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Getting a new tank! =D
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.29(Sun)0:21    Post subject: Getting a new tank! =D Reply with quote

I am upgrading from a 29 gallon to a 60 gallon! Only downside is I only have enough for the tank and not the stand. But I am going to use my old dresser for it till I have money for a stand. I am so HAPPY to get a new tank, I am going to be able to have the fish I have now + a pair of clowns =D ( same species clowns )
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.29(Sun)0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

Word of caution though. It's going to be though to move the tank after you set it up. You may look into building one, or being able to buy one by the time your tank is cycled. Which is generally no long than 1 month. Good luck with tank. Any idea's what your going to put in it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Robert
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.29(Sun)1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

well At first ima put my 4 blue green chromis and 3 blue devils in there to get the tank cycle on the run then after a month or so I'm gonna add a pair of ocellaris or tomato clowns.

I'm going to TRY to have my tanks theme as a sunken pirate ship, hopefully won't scare the fish to much =X lol. Ima have live rocks in there and stuff. Not sure if I should add other fish in it though. I'm most likely going to make it a clown tank ( with the offspring from the pair of clowns ) and not add much other fish. Maybe a few more blue green chromis. blue greens are coo, I have 4 and they all move in a lil school, its tight lol. They arent scared of the bubbles like my other fish, they go right to them and get sent down a couple of inches and go back right to them, lol they are active fish and quite interesting.

Tank Specs: 48x17x15
200 watt heater, undergravel filter profile 2900 pump, brelin airlift protein skimmer, and an air diffuser. undergravel pump has 3 air spots. 28 watt light dual I think not really sure on the lighting yet.
Robert
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.29(Sun)2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

nm I was screwed the guy sold it to someone else already. so much for my 60 gallon, guess I have to stick with my 29 for a while longer =\

EDIT: I found a 55 gallon tank with canopy and stand, it's used but was used for a salt water tank also so I won't have much trouble getting this tank up and ready by the time I get it. 48"x13"x20". =D
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: