Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
future australian project. 15g nano reef. Plan good or bad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Old Salt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.18(Wed)0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology revoked.

Last edited by The Old Salt on 2003.06.18(Wed)20:36; edited 1 time in total
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.18(Wed)2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLACkra

With you going with the bigger tank then you shouldnt have a probelem going with a pair of clowns. I wasnt tryin to be rude or anything I just expressed my opinion on the anemones but keep in mind they can be very difficult to keep alive. Especially for a long length of time. If you do decide to go with one check this chart out its a compatability chart for clowns and anenomes. Because certain clowns will only accept certain anemones as host.

http://www.aquacon.com/clownfishanenomecompatibility.html

Carpet anenmomes are suggested for a couple species of clown but just from what I've seen I would not go with that type. A large carpet can clean out a tank and is extremely aggressive and get very large. I know of a lfs that recieved one in on special order, advised the customer against it but he wanted it anyway. It was 3 ft across and when getting redy to be moved wrapped itself around the arm of the person moving it. They will even take out large fish.

As far as the other types you can do a search on them I'm not sure what is the least aggressive of them or not. Depends on the clown you decide on and what anemones that will narrow down your search.

These guys have some pretty acurate info pages here is there anenome page

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?siteid=23&pCatId=499

Not tryin to be rude I just like to hear others opinions and see both sides of the story and be fair about it is all. Lets all play nice kids Very Happy
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.18(Wed)19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I am able and it think I might be able to keep an anemone I was thinking of getting a bubble tip anemeone.
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: