Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
do no/flouresent tube bulbs differ in diffrent countries
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.14(Sat)18:24    Post subject: do no/flouresent tube bulbs differ in diffrent countries Reply with quote

basically I just want to know if anybody knows if it is possible to take a flouresent tube from australia and put it in a canadian ballast and to have it work? do the bulbs differ from country to country? or will my canadian/american (not sure which) ballasts not be able to use an australian fish tank flouresent? reason is I have 4 ballasts each has 1x20watt bulb one has 2x20watt and I want to set up a 15g or near that reef. 80/15=5.33 watts per gallon. will they work using aussie bulbs?
2 winged demons
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure on that one but as long as the light fixtures are the same and the wattage is similar it should work.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: