Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
need info on feather dusters
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrique
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.14(Sat)16:35    Post subject: need info on feather dusters Reply with quote

what fish can I keep with them? are they easy to maintain? do they need special care like special food? how long do they last? can they be in a 20gal? do they need a special light? anything to do with them I want to know thanks Cool
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.06.14(Sat)17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are filter feeders so you'll need to dose Phytoplankton into the tank to keep them fed. keep the water quality good and feed them phtyo a few times a week and they'll survive.

The puffer will eat them.
The Old Salt
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.14(Sat)19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

They shed their feathers very now & then, but they grow back again. A lot of people think that their worm has died when they find a feathercrown on the tank bottom, so I'll tell you not to panic now and avoid the rush.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are one of the easiest inverts to care for. They can survive even some beginner mistakes. They filter food out of the water you can add the phytoplankton I've even seen mine take small flake and pellet if there feathers catch it. There are a lot of fish that will eat them like angels, butterflies, some wrasses and others. Community fish like clowns, blennys, gobies, chromises don't bother them. I'm not sure how long they can last but I've had some small ones in my tank since it started its 2 years now. They can live in any size tank really. No they don't need the special lighting like corals do.
spkspk
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.19(Thu)21:38    Post subject: some other things that compete Reply with quote

Knobby star fish (maroon, chocolate chip, etc.) also will mow down your feather duster, or at least, that has been my experience.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: