Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
clown & angelfish question
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.27(Fri)0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
20G Long saltwater Fish only recommendations(with some live rock, sand bottom):
Remember Saltwater Carries less oxygen than fresh and Saltwater fish require large territories even the very small saltwater fish.

Idea #2 ( Have this combo in my 55 they never bother each other)

1 Purple Pseudochromis
1 Blue Devil Damsel
1 Golden Neon Goby

The stiking color differances in this combo will make for a very colorful tank.

The single blue devil is not a good idea, you need at least 4 for them to feel secure and not to be lonely. If it's just a single devil it won't look and be as happy and active. I recently started my 20G tank, I started off with having my setup running for around 2 months with no fish, just a couple live rocks then after a month added 2 blue devils and 2 3 striped damsels. One devil died and after a week or so, the blue devil I had left seemed not to be as active and was always hiding and being pushed around by the other damsels. I finally figured it out and went and bought 3 more devils and added 4 blue green chromis to even out the numbers so the 3 stripe wouldnt try to push the other around. Now my tank seems to be in tact and running good.

Advice to Enrique:
Start off with small fish to start your tank off. Buy a couple of snails not much though, they will clean your tank for free, lol. I suggest damsels, but research them and do not get aggressive ones and mix them with non aggressive ones. I learned that the hard way and I think thats why one of my damsels died. It stress's them out a lot.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: