Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Mysis shrimp in refugiums (different from FW post)
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.06.13(Fri)15:25    Post subject: Mysis shrimp in refugiums (different from FW post) Reply with quote

I have two questions about mysis shrimp-- one for the marine forums and one that I think is more appropriate for the freshwater forums. Here's my marine question.

I have the small HOB Aquafuge refugium for my 30 gallon marine tank. This refugium is 12"x4"x4" and has 3" live sand, some small pieces of live rock, and some red and green gracilaria macro algae.

I have read about keeping mysis shrimp in a refugium, but am unsure if mine is too small for culturing these guys. Could anyone give me personal experiences or point to some resources?

I'd appreciate it, and thanks in advance-
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about any fuge should work. Mysis shrimp and pods just need a safe place as to where they don't all get eaten. I don't have a fuge but I find critters in my emporer filter all the time they call it home I guess. And thats a lot smaller than what you have.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: