Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Help my tomato clown is weak. Save her! damaged gills
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.11(Wed)17:19    Post subject: Help my tomato clown is weak. Save her! damaged gills Reply with quote

HI AALL! my tommato clown is weak Crying or Very sad . I was looking at her and I knowticed that one of the flapy things that protect her gills was damaged. What should I do? Crying or Very sad I don't have a quarintine tank and I have inverts in the tank so medicine won't work! please help me save my clown! Crying or Very sad
2 winged demons
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.06.11(Wed)17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have any clue how she got damaged? Is it attack or disease related?

If it was an attack I'd find the perpetrator and find some way of separating them.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.11(Wed)22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad shes dead Crying or Very sad
2 winged demons
seawitch0313
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.11(Wed)22:59    Post subject: Re: fish Reply with quote

I'm sorry your fish died Sad

Wonder what happened to her, you might want to take her to your local fish store. They may be able to do an 'autopsy' to determine the cause of death and if you need to keep an eye on your remaining tank lifes health.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.12(Thu)12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your support. I have owned her for a year now and she was 4inches long. I inspected her gill area and found nothing wrong. All the other animals in the tank are healthy. and autopsy won't happen because she is under a foot of earth. (I have a special grave sight were I put all the fish that die that were special.) it will take time to ajust to not having her. thanks agian for your support. Crying or Very sad
2 winged demons
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry your fish died. Was the fish being harassed by anyone else that you took notice of? Is there any other fish acting weird? Have you seen any signs of unwanted guests if so I would go night hunting just to see if you can find anything.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is only one other fish and hes healthier than ever. hes my red head gobie. nobody goes into my tanks except my mom who uses the maggnet algae remover. I will take a look at night. I have a lot of bristle worms but non of them are preditory there all scavengers. I doupt my hermit crabs or my shrimp attacked her or the gobie. though what should I be on the look out for Karlas Confused
2 winged demons
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look for anything diferent you may have a crab or someting you don't even know you have. I have found 3 hitchiker crabs so far in my tank I got the first 2 out the third I'm having a tough time catching and I'm positive it took out one of my cleaner shrimps. Look for any type of weird shrimps or critters anything you didn't put in there. Get some of that colored renyolds wrap and put it over a flash light red works best. Then go hunting. With the red you can look at someting and it doesn't run and allows you to get a decent look at it. Infact I found a new critter the other night I never saw I have nooo idea what it is.

these are the guys I'm pullin out that I have caught 2 of and found a 3rd none of my fish have been touched but my cleaner shrimp was pulled way up inside a rock

http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/picture_pages/faq_crabs.html
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: