Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hippo Tang with beige spot on black line
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.06.09(Mon)16:22    Post subject: Hippo Tang with beige spot on black line Reply with quote

a hippo tang was just brought 2 my house and it looked perfectly fine in the bag but a few minutes after I put him in, I noticed it had a small beige spot on 1 of the back lines. I had another hippo tang a while ago and it also had a beige spot but it was between its eyes (I later on found out it was hole in head) so I'm guessing it can't b that since its not between its eyes but id like 2 no how 2 get rid of it and also what it is, n e help would mean a lot.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.06.16(Mon)5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really tell you what it is but heres someting that may help its for disease trouble shooting and disease/treatment index

http://saltaquarium.miningco.com/cs/compldiagnodisease/

I do know that tangs need a good varied diet with lots of greens. This helps prevent hole in head disease and lateral line erosion. Are you feeding different types of foods? Add dried nori or seaweed selects, alge disc, or even sea lettuce some lfs sell it. I found a frozen food comes in cubes its called Alge fish formula it contains mysis, krill, brine shrimp and kelp for the alge eaters maby look for someting like that. Do you add vitamins to the food before you feed? That may help also, a lot of people use selco vitamins. I use the vita chem brand.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: