Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
White Goldfish with Black fins
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Shandorf
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.05.25(Sun)10:11    Post subject: White Goldfish with Black fins Reply with quote

Howdy all!

We have a 1200 gallon water garden in our back yard, in which we keep goldfish. They are "feeders" that turned out to be comets, and are, from head to tail, about 7-8 inches! They breed every summer, and some of the pond bred ones have turned a strange white color - they were originally gold when they first developed color. They have been fine for about two years like this - I was just curious. This spring, as we put them back into the pond, they had severe Ich and fin rot. They have mostly recovered, but now are showing strange black markings on the edges of their caudal fins. Again, their behavior is normal, and they are eating fine. It does not seem to be China disease, from what I have read. If anyone has experiences with this or knows anything about, pleas enlighten me Smile !
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.05.25(Sun)22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen goldfish recovering from fin rot or injury develop a temporary black marking around the edges of the fin. Doesn't seem to be a problem.
Dianne
Members

PostPosted: 2003.06.04(Wed)13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done an ammonia test? If you used medications, some of your nitrifying bacteria may have died off. What you're describing sounds like possible ammonia burns.
Matt Shandorf
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.06.04(Wed)13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melafix was used, but the ammonia is 0.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: