Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Not Eating/Slow to Eat
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancyfish
Members

PostPosted: 2003.05.21(Wed)5:26    Post subject: Not Eating/Slow to Eat Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,
I know that fan tailed gold fish are slow swimmers and everything but when ever I feed my 2 the don't notice that I put food in for them and just swim around for 10 min untill one of them see's the food. Is the normal?
Thanks
~*~Kristin~*~
uLtRa
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.21(Wed)8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they one of the fancy types with bubble eyes? how much do you feed them a day?
fancyfish
Members

PostPosted: 2003.05.21(Wed)16:59    Post subject: Reply. Reply with quote

No, they are not the bubble eye ones.
It said on the fish food to feed them twice a day and how ever much a day they eat in 5 min.
Is that correct ?
How much should I be feeding them?
uLtRa
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.22(Thu)2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the instructions on all fish food are a bit excessive.

I feed mine every other day, usually its peas as a staple food with one or two pieces of sweetcorn. I then supplement their diet with everything from raw fish to mango. they shouldn't just be fed flake as it makes them constipated.

When goldfish are hungry they will rise to the surface everytime someone walks past the tank. When I was just a newbie with my first fish I overfed mine a lot and they never rose to the surface once, they even ignored food. So if I were you I would try not feeding them for a week - don't worry they won't starve and see if that makes things better
Carol
Members

PostPosted: 2003.05.26(Mon)6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days without feed is enough I would think.
Gold fish are eating machines anyways.
I think feeding them once a day is plenty onless they are really asking for food or something like that.
Remember gold fish are funny, the more you feed them the more they dirty thier tank and the more you have to clean it.
Onless you are trying to grow them big or something I think once a day is plenty.
So try the once a day. But make sure they eat what you give them once they start eating right away for you it is easier to tell.
Try the small goldfish pellets instead of the flakes its much easier to control and you can scoop them out if they don't get eaten.
Good luck
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: