Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Chocolate Chip Starfish
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emee

PostPosted: 2003.05.13(Tue)9:52    Post subject: Chocolate Chip Starfish Reply with quote

I purchased the starfish and it seems to be quite content, howeve my question is, it is constantly going to the top of the tank and it bends one leg back and it is out of the water a little bit. Is this normal? It strolls Smile through the tank all day but it always ends up on top.
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.05.13(Tue)10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some starfish beach themselves on rocks when the tide goes out. I don't know if the chocolate chip is one fo them. Most Chocolate chips I've seen stay high on the glass.

If he seems content I'd leave him alone.
spkspk

PostPosted: 2003.05.13(Tue)21:36    Post subject: same behavior Reply with quote

My chocolate chip and maroon knobby star fish are all over the tank, and one place they have been is at the water line at the top of the tank. I suspect that it might be a food trapping technique...food that floats on the surface can be 'caught' and moved toward its stomach. I think it is just instinct, for most of the food I provide them is at the bottom of the tank. I have had my stars for a couple of years now.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: