Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tadpole in goldfish tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.16(Sun)14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

being the curious kid I was a few years ago, I too kept tadpoles all the time. The way I found it best to keep tadpoles is to catch some, like you have, get a larger tank ( I had a 24inL*12inD*15inH*), and 1/2-3/4 fill it with water from the pond they were caught in. Make sure any other water beasties are out. Place rocks etc in the water, half in half out, creating leadges for the frogs to grow onto. Bare in mind that a 2ft tank or similar will keep only a small amount of the full grown frogs, and they will need extra space out of the ank to roam aound in. Collecting water from the pond and replacing 50% each 1-2weeks was sufficient for my tads', because it helped dissolved any toxic waste, but they're hardier than tank fish.

hope my pinch of info helped, and best of luck with the critters Smile .
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)21:40    Post subject: small idea about food Reply with quote

well I while back I raised some salamaders(aquatic ones). I got a big egg sack from this lack ontop of grouse mountain(local mountain 2min away) well I was little back then and my mom phoned this wildlife place and they said that in there tadpole form they would eat romane lettece(not sure what type think its romane) the was previousely boiled. it was somthing like that. try it out
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: