Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
powerheads aren't working!!!
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil

PostPosted: 2003.05.09(Fri)8:34    Post subject: powerheads aren't working!!! Reply with quote

Both my powerheads arn't working? I added salt in water... Could it be that the salt is stuck in the powerhead? If so, will it come out? Or disolve?? My filters are runed by the powerheads Neutral What else could be the problem if BOTH arn't working?
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.05.09(Fri)9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you add the salt directly to the water in the tank?
Your not supposed to do that. Mix in a seperate bucket of water then put a air stone or water pump and let it sit for a few hours. Then add that dissolved mixture to your tank.

IF so you may have jammed the impellers with salt. Take the impeller out and clean it off it should work after that. if it doesn't you may need to purchase new impellers for your powerheads.
BunWok
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.05.18(Sun)13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Hagen AquaClear Powerhead 301. Sometimes I accidentally push the lever underneath to the miniumum position. The lever controls the amount of water going thru the powerhead. So it looks as though it's not working. Does your have something similar? Also if you hold the powerhead in your hand, can you feel it vibrating?
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.05.19(Mon)5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say maby salt build up on the impellars. I have some hagens that have run faithfully for 2 years but from time to time they get a little weak so I take them and rinse them good with hot water. Put them back together and they go full force again.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: