Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
58 Gallon Almost Ready
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.30(Wed)22:21    Post subject: 58 Gallon Almost Ready Reply with quote

Hello all,

Slowly, surely, and methodically I have been preparing a 58 gallon for a planted aquascape. It is cycled and almost ready to go!
I'm getting so excited I had to post a picture or two Wink Specs on the tank and equipment employed so far:

58 Gallon Oceanic, 3' x 1.5' x 1.75'
Blasting sand (silica) substrate with a generous Dupla laterite mixed into the bottom half.
One really big piece of wood, at my wife and son's instance!
Rena 50W heater.
Ehiem Pro II 2026 filter
Coralife 135 watt strip with 10,000 bulb and 50/50 6500 bulb.

CO2 and plants will be implemented in the next few weeks.

Inhabitants:

2 Corydoras elegans
4 Corydoras aeneus
1 Crossocheilus siamensis

Rubbing my hands together in anticipation, I'm very excited to show a preliminary tank, shot 20030427.
With that in mind any thoughts, opinions, feelings, and/or criticisms are most appreciated!

One more picture taken last night, 20030429, shows algae growing on the big piece of wood producing oxygen bubbles, very nice!

Take care,

William
PharCyde
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.01(Thu)7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that algae grew in 2 days? Quick as...

What inhabitants are you planning on getting? Are you going to get more c. siamensis? Or more corydoras? Any plants on the menu?

Look forward for some pics of it developing.
William
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.05.01(Thu)22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC,

Thanks for the response. Correct the algae in the photos grew in two days; however, the driftwood was in the tank for over a week before the first photo was taken. I soaked the driftwood for 1.5 weeks in an aquarium outside before I put it in the tank.

For the final configuration of the tank, I have thought about SA biotopes, Dutch, and plains. I am leaning hard to the plains. It will take some gravel build up to give a rolling effect, and I have some nice pieces of petrified wood to jut out here and there.

With my leaning in mind, a flowing bed Elocharis acicularis is envisioned. At this time additional fish are on the backburner, but always open for discussion.

Best regards,

William

PharCyde wrote:
All that algae grew in 2 days? Quick as...

What inhabitants are you planning on getting? Are you going to get more c. siamensis? Or more corydoras? Any plants on the menu?

Look forward for some pics of it developing.
bteo3
Members

PostPosted: 2003.05.02(Fri)1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first look at this tank made me feel it's got REAL potential! Love to see more of it! Is a 50w heater big enough for a tank this size (I am guessing the room is warm or you live some place warm!) Very Happy. Yes moss-like algae on woods and rocks is nice (thinking of Zen moss gardens...)! I've been trying to grow lush-green moss-like algae on rocks for weeks but I all I get is dark-green slime-smelly algae LOL.

Hmmm, you just make me wish I have an empty tank right now... Very Happy
shimanocono
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.02(Fri)19:25    Post subject: Nice Tank Reply with quote

That's a nice looking tank. It would look awesome with plants in it. If you are going to put some plants in there I would love to see some pictures of the palnts and wood all ion the aquarium!
Gillaz
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.16(Fri)13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait until its finished!! Very Happy Very Happy

Dan
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: