Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
whisper over flow?
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gargamel76

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)19:58    Post subject: whisper over flow? Reply with quote

I was just looking at an old whisper 4 I had laying around and was just toying with the idea of making it an over flow for a sump,heres my theory if you drill an 1/2 or 1in hole in the bottom the motor will draw the water in as usual but in stead of coming back out in the tank it will go to the sump then all you need to do is supply the return.it sounds to easy but I'm sure there will be problems.ide appreciate any feed back on my project Very Happy
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty good. Any overflow would go back into the tank as usual.

You could get some type of sponge pre-filter to fill the bottom of the tank to keep the tube from clogging. Just gotta check your waterflow and make sure you can get enough gallons per-hour down a 1/2 inch tube. If you can't get enough GPH you could end up with a dry sump and a burnt out return pump.

I'm thinking about it with you. It would solve a small overflow problem I have. Keep us posted if you do it and tell us your results. Good Luck Very Happy Very Happy
Gargamel76

PostPosted: 2003.04.25(Fri)21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what I was thinking also but with the flow control already on the filter I should be able to find the right balance
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.25(Fri)21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more, that there would be too little water down the tube not too much.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: