Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Yellow tang acting weird
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingfilly

PostPosted: 2003.04.22(Tue)19:42    Post subject: Yellow tang acting weird Reply with quote

My yellow tang is acting weird, I have had it for about two months now and the fish seemed OK lately though it is hiding in the live rock more than before. It seems to be breathing rapidly. In my Marine fishes book it talks about head and lateral line errotions if it is not feed enough greens. I feed it both red & green algae I purchased at the pet store a strip about 3 inches long by 1.5 inches wide twice a day plus the brine shrimp, blood worms, mysis shrimp and clams that I feel all the other fish. Some days it dives into the algae whole heartedly and others does not touch it. It does not seem to be eating the algae that grows in the tank just occasionally picking at it a little. It does have a red line that runs down the side of it's back then up the dorsal fin. It looks almost like internal bleeding. I just had a Belted Wrasse die earlier this week just swam up to the top of the tank rolled over and hit the bottom dead. He did not seem to be in any apparent physical stress so I did not worry about it much untill the tang started acting weird. Any ideas?
Gargamel76

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds to me like there might be something wrong with the water,do a complete check to see if something is out of wack.
whtdevl

PostPosted: 2003.04.26(Sat)9:39    Post subject: yellow tang Reply with quote

Very Important to check water quality, especially ammonia levels when feeding greens.Any algae not consumed that remains in the tank will elevate ammonia levels rapidly.Make sure you remove the uneaten algae promptly.Most marine tank issues are directly related to water quality.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.05.03(Sat)18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that good at pinpointing diseases but I will give you 2 sites that may help you find it or narrow it down I hope they help

http://saltaquarium.miningco.com/cs/fishdiseases/

http://www.aqualink.com/disease/sdisease.html
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: