Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My 125g planted cichlid tank
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACE125
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.22(Tue)15:26    Post subject: My 125g planted cichlid tank Reply with quote

Hello, I haven't been around here much lately, but I just got a new camera and took some new pics, so I figured I should post them. I posted the tank when it was originally setup, but it's changed a bit (it has fish in it now!). They are all still juvies but are starting to show some color. As always, suggestions are welcome. The tanks been running for 3 months, all cichlids are from Lake Tanganyika, lighting is VHO 2.5 wpg, no CO2, and the camera is a fuji finepix 3800. I think thats about it, so heres the pics-

uLtRa
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.22(Tue)15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! nice tank! looks very atmospheric, what fish have you got in there??

whats the first fish called>with the white stripes?
ACE125
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.22(Tue)15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the fish are as follows-
1&2- Altolamprologus calvus "White"
3-Neolamprologus leleupi
4-Paracyprichromis nigripinis
5-Lamprologus ocellatus "Gold"
6-Julidochromis regani
7-Cyprichromis leptosoma "Utinta"

You can check out http://www.cichlid-forum.com/photogallery/ for more pics of adults specimans. I am pretty sure they are all on there.
Skysong
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.22(Tue)19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I would try to get some more background plants, if the ones there aren't growing in satisfactorily (sp?), or are too few in number. Val is good and plain! Very Happy
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.23(Wed)5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really atmospheric setup! I personally can't see a way to improve it Smile . That had got to be one of the best cichlid tanks I've ever seen! The plants go well with the size and shape of the decor. Well, if it was my personal tank, I would add java fern to the back left on some drift wood or java moss on slate. However I think it will look stunning when the fish grow to full maturity Very Happy .

Nice job, keep it up Smile .

Smile The_proff Smile
ACE125
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.23(Wed)9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great comments everyone.
Skysong- I do have 20 something vals in the back corners, they are growing like crazy but don't seem to be spreading much. I was planning on separating them and adding some to the center, when they get thick enough.
Proff- I just moved the red rubin from the back corner because it wasn't getting enough light. So I am gonna put something back there eventually. Also, I do have some tiny java fern on the two pieces of driftwood, they seemed to die when I got them but now they are slowly coming back.

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)19:54    Post subject: cool...... Reply with quote

Nice work with the slate and layers..........thumbs up !
The_B
Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's neat how it almost looks like you have three different tanks in there. There are various styles of rocksquaping on the left, middle, and right sides of the tank and I think you did an excellent job pulling it off Smile
ACE125
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I did not really plan it like that. I just picked up the slate type rocks first, then I noticed the middle ones, so I got a few of them. And after I got the whole tank setup, I realized I needed more rocks, so I found some light colored ones to help out the colors of my leleupi.
ophie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.27(Sun)23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Ace! You've made the exact Tanganyikan tank I'd always planned! I'm so jealous. Great fish!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: