Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
golden neon goby
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.20(Sun)16:28    Post subject: golden neon goby Reply with quote

I have a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium at home. I just bought a golden neon goby yesterday, it was hiding when I put it in and came out at night but now I can't find it n e where, is it possible that one of my other fish ate it, it was pretty small. I hav a yellow tang, flame angel, 2 percula clownfish, a royal gramma and some invertebrates, I no the flame angel and tang r herbivores so I don't think they would try 2 eat it, my clownfish r never around where I saw him last and then theres my royal gramma, I saw him try 2 get him but I scared him off before he could, is it possible that my royal gramma ate him or is the goby still just settling in and hiding in an impossible place 2 c him?
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.20(Sun)18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a lot of rocks? If so He probably found a nice hiding space and he'll stay there most of the time. You'll probably see him perched on a rock eventually.

Don't worry you'll rarely see him, but he's most likely alive.

I have an Orange Spotted Goby in my 55 and he'll disappear into the rockwork and I won't see him for a day or two all the time.
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.20(Sun)19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I do hav a lot of rocks, I think I hav 82 pounds worth of rocks so I guess he could be hiding, probably still settling or sumthing
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.04.23(Wed)14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be hiding. The royal gramma has a reputation of being kind of aggressive. If he picked on your goby he could be in hiding. I had a strawberry gramma that harassed my firefish and they hid all the time, when I got rid of the gramma my firefish were out all the time.
Canadareef
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.24(Thu)23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it is the royal gramma that is causing the goby to be disappeared. Most pet stores and online info on royal grmmas is that they are peacefull, but I bet if satan ever wanted a royal gramma; he would want mine. I had to keep mine in a strainer for about a week when I introduced my regal tang. It was such a shame to see the happiest tang in the world, nipped at by the gramma. The gramma still does it on occasion, and it's not that bad, but I know everytime I throw something in there it'll bother it. It has even bothered my cleaner shrimp. So it is back to the fish store with him, when I have time to catch it. anyways a little off topic, but just supporting the gramma theory.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: