Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
have algae... and cichlids
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim McDonnell
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.16(Mon)8:02    Post subject: have algae... and cichlids Reply with quote

Heres the problem. All two of them. I have a medium amount of brown algae in my 29 gln. aquarium with 4 cichlids. NEED an algae eater, no solutions.

CONDITIONS:
NitrATE- 0
NitrITE-0
Ammonia-0
pH-7.7

I know that I need to higher my pH levels and that is what I am working on right now.

THE POINT: How do I get an algae eater with my cichlids and not have it bullied to death? is that possible? If so, What kind?

My current inhabitants are:
2 Kenyis
1 Livingstoni
1 Aurautus

Feeding them Small cichlid pellets if that has anything to do with it. Thanks for any help.
LittleMousling
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.17(Tue)12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you NEED an algae eater? Mbuna are, in fact, algae-grazers. And you have pretty much the most aggressive ones available, in a very small tank - I think the chance of adding anything and having it live is slim to none. Sorry, but do a blackout or just scrub.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: