Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Canister filters for a 20g high/and do those external heater
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enlighter
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)11:40    Post subject: Canister filters for a 20g high/and do those external heater Reply with quote

The LFS recomends the plenn pax cascade 500. Looks like a great filter, but I have further questions. What size tubing does it take (they didn't know and didn't want to open it to let me check).

Also does that external heater by ummmm..... The one that sits on the return line to the tank. Do they work?

Third whats this I hear about glass tubing? I am going for the natualr minimalist look with this tank, and I want to really just look at the fish and the plants. So any advice is appreciated thnx.
piranha
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy the Hydor ETH brand heater,model 200 is the only model that will connect to 1/2" return line . Models 201 and 300 have 5/8" inlet/outlet connections.I don't own one but heard they are the best. Not sure about the hose sizes on the cascade line.If you don't go with an external heater,Won Brothers titanium is the best submersible.When you say glass tubing,do you mean internal heater?
Enlighter
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned glass tubing on the inside of the tank as the intake, and return for the filter, so it can't be seen at all.

Thanks for the info on the heater, it is pricy, but I think worth it, and it will allow more room, and less un-natural stuff to look at in the tank :: ) Just gotta find out what size tubing the cascade uses lol.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: