Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
babies
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishkeeper55
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.14(Sat)13:56    Post subject: babies Reply with quote

today I was taking a look at my tank, thinking about what new live plants that I wanted and I saw some small black specs in my Java Moss and didn't pay much attention to it until about five minutes later there they were again, and they were babies!!! My kribs had been in breeding behavior for 2 and a half weeks and no babies were seen, so I thought something must have went wrong, but obviously not, there is about 2 dozen spotted krib babies with the parents keeping close eye! This was my first success at breeding cichlids let alone egg layers, it is amazing just watching them, and I would recommend these awesome fish to anybody. It has been one of the most exciting thing in my years of fishkeeping! Exclamation Exclamation

right now they are feeding on infusoria but later should I feed them bbs?

for those of you that answered my thread on breeding kribs you really helped a lot! http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=20724

thanks

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Daniel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure on what to feed them but thats cool that it happened. I'm cycling a tank right now (only alittle bit left Smile ) and I plan on getting a pair of kribs, I hope it goes well.
jynxy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.16(Mon)7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using crushed up flake will also do for feeding fry. Are the kribs the ONLY fish you have the tank?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: