Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Moving Cichlids from Community Tank
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScareCrow
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the advice. I guess I need to get the stuff to set up the 10 gallon tank for temporary housing for the chichlids. One more thing though, how long can I safely keep the two chichlids in the 10 gallon. This would be the only 2 fish in the tank and of course I would provide the proper filtering and hiding spots ect.
haname
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved this to the Freshwater Basics forum, the original post was located here.

There is a bit of a problem with housing your cichlids in a 10 gallon. They will need to be moved into a larger tank (like 50 gallons) within a week or so, but setting them up in a 10 gallon would likely result in them having to stay there much longer.

Consider trading them back to the store until you can provide the right conditions for them, and concentrate on getting your community tank healthy again. That is what I would do if I were in your situation.

~Haname
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: