Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Site layout issues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

2la wrote:
Found the answer: It's my stupid Norton Internet Security program that's doing it.

2la, are you on Mac or PC? Not to turn this into a complaint session, but-I run Mac and found massive bugs with the entire Mac Norton package. (It overode many of the already stable OS security features and made certain install impossible). In the end, I had to wipe my machine and my wife's to get all the remnants of it off (even after doing their 'uninistall').

Jake
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, it's actually a PC, even though I should prefer a Mac with all the image processing I do. But for the life of me I can't get over having only one mouse button, not to mention all of the compatability issues switching to a Mac would entail...
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

2la wrote:
But for the life of me I can't get over having only one mouse button

Ha. At this point I have the opposite problem- virtually everytime I sit down at a PC laptop I wind up right clicking everything.

Anyway, if it isn't broken, then by all means don't fix it...your pics look great. Honestly, while I love my Macs and will never buy a PC again (though I'm almost always stuck on them at work), there are plenty of drawbacks to Macs (software price and availabilty being #1).

Jake
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.16(Mon)3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's my stupid Norton Internet Security program that's doing it

Well, without internet security we are all going to have a lot of problems. Please don't call it "stupid" for heaven's sake. Very Happy
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.16(Mon)6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir or madam, I really think you need to relax a little bit. No one's disparaging "internet security" as a concept. You've mistaken my colloquial expression for something much more serious, similar to me saying something like, "This stupid Internet thing eats up all of my time..." Would I really think the Internet was a stupid thing if I spent all of my free time using it? Of course not...for heaven's sake. Rolling Eyes
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.16(Mon)6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

2la, the exact same thing happens to me! I can't believe noone else has experienced this problem..everything seems squashed and it takes a few mins to stretch back out. I'm using a computer in the my work, so I can't see it haveing anything to do with security settings, as out IT guys deal with that.
Indiaqualover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.16(Mon)6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! No. I just made that comment in a lighter vein. Different peple have different experiences. Just wanted to express what I felt. Sorry.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: