Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
tetras not getting along
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffy16938
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)9:25    Post subject: tetras not getting along Reply with quote

I have 6 neon tetras in my 10 gallon tank, I had three and added three more two days ago. I am a bit worried because they all seem to fight with one another. I know if one is sick he will get picked on, but this is pretty ridiculous, they all seem to do it to one another. Is this normal for neon tetras. My three I had were so peaceful together. Is there anything I can do to help solve this problem, or will they work it out? I just really don't want to lose any fish to something I may have been able to prevent.
dr_fosg8
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any plants or decorations to break up the tank? This way they can be alone if they want. I have 5 in a 10 gallon and they nip at each other too.
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty normal in a tank of this size. In a larger tank you tend to observe more natural tendencies toward shoaling and less toward territoriality.
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small wood centerpiece, 2 fake plants and two live plants. Well that is sad to hear that they act like this in a 10 gallon, maybe I should work on upgrading in the near future.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: