Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
frame tanks on ebay
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidk
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)0:23    Post subject: frame tanks on ebay Reply with quote

Have you guys seen these things? I'm sick of my search results being cluttered with this fish tank thats designed to hang on your wall like a picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20755&item=4381140447&rd=1

I take it some guy is making these at home and pawning them off on ebay.

Quote:
Fish tank Dimensions: 20"WIDTH x 14"HEIGHT x 3"DEPTH

3 inch depth? Are we trying to make fish cakes or what? How about the guy who makes these tries to live in a 3 foot depth room for 6 months. I feel these tanks are super cruel and dirty.

Notice his pics say "property of aqua" like people are out to steal this novel idea. Rolling Eyes
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not the only one making these, I've seen them all over the net. No reputable fish magazine would advertise these things, but shockingly, they seem to be growing in popularity. I agree with you, they're wretched. I can't honestly believe anyone would buy these things, but sadly, they do. My husband, who doesn't share my interest in the hobby was appalled by them, anyone who knows the slightest about fish needs and cares to meet those needs would never house them in something like this.
They should be banned. I know that fish don't often share the same regard as other pets in the general public, but something like this is blatant disgregard to the animals well being. It would be illegal to do something like this to a dog or cat, even a bunny. But it is allowed for fish. I've even seen these things in public buildings Sad
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't even look like something an adult hand could siphon either. I sat here for a couple minutes trying to think of something that could live in there, and couldn't come up with anything. How awful. I don't see any equipment either. Hmmm.
Jimbob
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

These things are popular in the UK as well, one lfs not far from me has one on the wall of their tank show room, it seems to be about 4 inches deep and the fish and plants just don't look right - the plants grow squashed up against the glass.
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: