Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hood Openings
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jersysman
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)22:38    Post subject: Hood Openings Reply with quote

The two openings on the hood of my 20-gallon where the filter and heater go are huge! So much room left over after the heater and filter are placed in them. I am worried that when I put fish in the tank that the openings will be very easy for any jumpers to get through. Any ideas what I can use to cover the holes up?
davidk
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 34 gallon has an extra hole for a second heater the previous owner poked out. You can cover it with duct tape. I used black duct tape so it matches the tank hood. You can stick a reversed peice of tape on the underside of the peice you are sticking to the hood in case you are worried about a jumper getting stuck to the tape. Duct tape is almost waterproof if stuck to a dry surface.

My first car was a Hyundai. I was so poor going through school, so I used duct tape to repair a busted radiator hose. LOL, it lasted over a 1 1/2 years.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: