Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
best way to clean my tank
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffy16938
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)13:03    Post subject: best way to clean my tank Reply with quote

I have a 10 gallon with 6 neon tetras, a molly and 9 of her babies. Oh yes, I know too many fish once they grow, they will be moved to another tank, or I will find homes somehow. My tank is starting to get dirtier and I went to the store to ask about cories. I found out apparently that cories will eat my molly fry. I have a siphoning thing that seems to clean the water a bit, but I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas for cleaning. I think you can take the fish out and totally clean it, but I don't know if that's a good idea. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I am very new at this, thank you.
Big Rob
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corys will work to clean up any excess food you have at the bottom of the tank. As for them eating the fry I'm not sure. The syphon you have will work best to clean the waste out of your substrate. As for completely emptying your tank I would definitely advise not to do that unless you want to start the cycling process all over again. There is a very good article on this site about the proper way to clean your tank.
Jacquie W
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's that extremely good article on cleaning and maintaining our aquariums written by one of the advisors here:

http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_waterchange.php

Or, in the list on the left side of this page is a button labeled "Articles"; you'll find Haname's excellent article on water changes/maintenance there, plus a wealth of other information that's invaluable for those of us just starting out in fishkeeping! Enjoy! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: