Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What to expect from new corals.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)22:37    Post subject: What to expect from new corals. Reply with quote

I will be adding some corals to my tank in the next few days. I will start with mushrooms, pollyps and some hardy leather coral. I heard they are like fish and need time to acclimate. What should I be looking for after they go into the tank. I heard they will close for a few days and then open up. what are some things to look for if they are not doing well.
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your setup? tank, lighting etc..

Yes they are like fish and you need to acclimate like you would a fish.

They usually stay closed for a little while. I've never had one stay closed more than 2 days. Anything after that you might want to reposition it.

Mushrooms are pretty good no matter where you place them.

Polyps vary per strain. There are many differant kinds and they vary in the amount of lighting and water flow you need.

Research any species you want before you buy it. It'll help in the long run.

Your corals may move if they are not happy. I had a rock full of mushrooms and the day after I bought them all the mushrooms jumpeed ship and moved to differant parts of the tank.

So keep an eye on them and be ready for anything.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: