Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A Yellow Fish Wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaun64326
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)6:05    Post subject: yellow wrasse Reply with quote

What about a yellow wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)?
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I would prefer something dwarf angel size if possible so the gobies are out. I want to set up the tank as a reef, that's already planned so if you're telling me no lemonpeel in a reef then I guess I can't do that either. I was looking at the Yellow Wrasse also. The only thing that concerns me is that I don't know very much about them. If anyone has any experience with these wrasses or more impact on the lemonpeel, please let me know.

I do also have plants in the tank but it's there for both decoration and for the fish to nibble on so I don't really care if the lemonpeel eats it or not. It's the coral I care about.
Batman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a yellow wrasse, but I have seen them in large display reefs at my LFS and apparently they are reef safe.
10 Gallon Planted
1 Chinchilla 1 German Shepherd
Assorted Reptile Species
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think to just make my life easier, I'll stick with just soft coral and I guess I'll go with the Wrasse since the angel's bringing up too many concerns. Thanks for your help everyone. If you have anything else to recommend or other stories about the Yellow Wrasse or the Lemonpeel Angel, feel free to post your stories.
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK change of plans. I was just looking up the Yellow Wrasse and found out that these Wrasse are not 100% reef safe. I found out that they eat parasitic snails attached to coral but at the same time could damage the coral.

Sorry everyone, time to start from the beginning. Whatever, there are two experts that I know know their stuff. I rarely see them but maybe if I bump into them sometime soon, I'll ask what they recommend. If I don't see them, I think I'll try the Lemonpeel Angel. I like to be a bit risky, that way I see things for myself that books are talking about. The only thing is that the coral around here is between 70 and 100 dollars so I am a bit hesitant. Soft coral wise, all I have so far are green mushrooms and some polyps. I plan on getting some leather coral, and finger coral and a xenia. I think what I'll do is get the angel, see how he does with the mushrooms and polyps, and then when I get the lights next month, I'll add a leather or finger coral and see how it is around that. If it behaves, I'll continue. If, after adding whatever coral I could fit into the tank, he doesn't go after any of it, I'll leave him alone. If he goes after one of them after I add it, I'll take him out.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: