Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New Tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggie
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)2:16    Post subject: tetras and kribs Reply with quote

I had a pair of kribs. Great fish, good entertainment and easy. But someone told me not to put tetras (cardinal tetras) in the same tank, because these little fish are egg thieves.
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)6:51    Post subject: Re: tetras and kribs Reply with quote

maggie wrote:
I had a pair of kribs. Great fish, good entertainment and easy. But someone told me not to put tetras (cardinal tetras) in the same tank, because these little fish are egg thieves.

I wouldn't suspect that cards would want to steal eggs from a female krib. Mother kribs are so territorial and protective that sometimes even dad has to go into other quarters until the fry are free swimming.

I would suspect that whoever passed that info on to you had their facts confused. If I were going to breed kribs in a small tank, say a 10g, I wouldn't put cardinals or any other fish in the tank for their own safety. In a larger tank, it would be a different story and there would most likely be enough room for cards or neons to live peacefully in the upper areas of the tank.

Jake
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: