Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello Total Newbie
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix59
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)13:49    Post subject: Hello Total Newbie Reply with quote

Hi;
I am Phoenix. I live in Ontario,Canda am 46.
I have just inherited a 25 gallon tank from a friend on the 8th of April. I have never ever been a fish-keeper before and would have said it would never happen. The tank came with some inhbitants.
5 female Black Skirt Tetras, 1 Red Fire Guppy,1 Green Cobra Guppy, and 2 Otos algae eaters.
I have added very carefully 4 Freshwater Clams 2 Cory Cats,2 male uuhhh don't know what kind of guppies and 4 female guppies and I believe 2 to be pregnant. 1 pleco which is one of 2 I had bought my man and he outgrew the tank.
I have grown to love this aquarium very much and want to be a good fish keeper that is why I have joined this forum. I don't jnow how often I can get here but I hope it becomes a regular visit for me. I have read a lot here just today and have learned probably more than I can retain but oh well.
I look forward to learning more and meeting you.
Razz Phoenix
dale
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phoenix,
Welcome to the site Smile
Hope you learn a lot here and share your experiences with others. You will probably hear, along the way, that common pleco's grow too big for your 25. They are a big fish and produce a lot of waste. If possible perhaps you could return it to the fish store and replace it with a rubber lip or bristlenose pleco. They do a good job with the algae but don't grow nearly so large.
Good luck!
Phoenix59
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dale;
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.
I am working hard to take care of my little aquatic friends and they can be so commical.
I bought the plecos for my man and he gave one back to me. I know they are growing very fast. As they have doubled or trippled their size since I first bought them.I will seriously look at taking them to the store as I really do not want the system over taxed.So maybe the algae eaters and the cory cats are plenty to take care of that part of the tank huh ?
I lost my Red Fire Guppy and I really miss him a lot. He would swim upright for a week and then seem to be okay then he would go back to swimming on his tail again. The only thing I can think of is a float bladder problem. I have tried to buy another one but none of the stores I have visisted have one right now. Gotta run I will be back later.
Thanks Phoenix
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: