Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Baby Mollies
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)8:59    Post subject: Baby Mollies Reply with quote

I was at my local petsmart yesterday (not great quality stuff, but I've made friends with a lot of the workers so its fun to go there and chat with them) and they wanted me to have 4 baby black mollies that had survived a tank transfer. (the mollie tank and tiger barb tanks were switched.. no one saw the fry until it was too late.) And so me being me I couldnt refuse. I now have them in a 1 1/2 gallon tank that has a small light and a ugf. Its one of those small starter tanks. I feed them frozen baby brine shrimp yesterday which they seemed to gobble right up. I was wonder if this tank setup was good enough until they got abit bigger and went into my community tank?
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

being mollys they should be fine. once they get to around 2cm long let the go in the main tank but make sure they are introduced slowly.

also you shoudl be able to feed them crushed up flake food. I remember with my guppies I borrowed(more like took it was in my room for at least 2 months) my moms piston and mortor and did some serious crushing. though I don't think you will need to go that far Wink .

good luck with your little ones,

andrew
2 winged demons
Daniel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help Smile, I hope they make it, all my guppie fry get eaten by the golden wonder killi I have in there
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: