Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A few pictures
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psilocybin
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)17:25    Post subject: A few pictures Reply with quote

Here are a few pictures I took a couple days ago.

These are all of my Labidochromis caeruleus, I got a 30gallon aquarium for them currently (most are still young and small, a larger aquarium is in my forcast).

This is one of my Tiger Loaches (his name is Shere Kahn), they are also in my 30gallon tank.

This is my heavily planted (at least to me it is heavily planted) 29gallon tank. It houses a trio of Apistogramma cacatuoides (1 male 2 females), I've had these guys a little over a month now, and they have gone through 3 batches of eggs (all unsuccesful so far), but they are currently working on their fourth.

Here is a shot of one of the female cacatuoides (sorry its pretty blurry) guarding a shell. I believe that she has laid again because she chases my bristlenose pleco, and the other female cacatuoides away whenever they come close.

More pictures will come...
Raul-7
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.16(Wed)3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool fish, your 29 looks very nice! It is nicely planted, but maybe some buched plants in the back will give it more depth and contrast! But for now, it's nicely planted...keep it up Smile

Arrow What is that bushy plant towards the back, in the middle?
The Chaos Theory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.16(Wed)9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest a background for your tank. I like black but really its hard to go wrong.
Shark70
Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.16(Wed)10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I like the rocks and plants. I would put a dark backgound up. It will be easier to focus on the rocks and plants and should bring out the yellow in your fish.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.04.16(Wed)11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!

I think I know you from another board.

The big lab...that'd be Cornelius?

PostPosted: 2003.04.16(Wed)16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, but I think a background would make it look great! Very Happy
Psilocybe

PostPosted: 2003.04.17(Thu)2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is a mirror background already on the tank. I bought the tank as is for 25 bucks, and the 29gallon came with a hood, filter, thermometer, and a background (which was already attached to the tank). I agree that a black background would look much better (I made one for my 30gallon out of black construction paper), but I do not feel like going to the trouble of scraping the existing mirror background off. It is hard to get good pictures in that tank because of the mirror reflecting the light back to the camera, but the background will be staying.

Noname - Yep, I know you from Fishinthe.net (formerly theaquarians.net), but I don't see you much over there anymore... Cornelius has grown a lot since I first got him.

Raul - Are you referring to the bushy plant next to the filter uptake tube? That one is Hornwort, as for the rest, I am not completely sure.
Kribensis00
Members

PostPosted: 2003.05.04(Sun)20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tank you have there. BTW I had a tiger loach with the same name as yours! He was an aggressive little thing that's for sure, had to separate him from my much larger yo-yo's because he wouldn't stop biting them. That's a great photo of the tiger loach!
The Chaos Theory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.04(Sun)23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the pic of the electric yellows it looks as though you have only 1 female? (the one with no black stripe??) and a lot of males. Are you concerned that they will stress her to much? Perhaps it isn't a clear view of the pic
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.05(Mon)0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice tank. great cichlids! keep the pics coming!
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: