Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
6 gallon tank
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scalsmum
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.05(Thu)4:00    Post subject: 6 gallon tank Reply with quote

I have become hooked on fish keeping and have just seen a very nice acrylic hexagon tank that would fit in a corner of my hall. The trouble is it's only a 5 gallon tank and I know I would be limited to what fish to stock. I know I could do a Male Betta with an Apple Snail and a couple of Corries. But I would prefer it if I could just put in the Snail with a shoal of small fish. Could I do this? If so which ones. The fish I have looked at so far like Tetra's, say they need a bigger tank. Has anyone any suggestions?
duzzie
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.05(Thu)5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could maybe get some Mountain Cloud Minnows. Not a lot you could put in a tank that small, ather than a male Beta. You could also look at putting in a couple of Amano shrimp with a beta, rather that cories. If you do want cories, I wouldn't put more than 3 Pandas, they stay small. I have 2 pandas with a Beta in one 5 gal and 3 amano with a Beta in another, both are doing great and the Betas don't bother their tank mates.

Duzzie
hs
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.05(Thu)12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img31.echo.cx/img31/9728/img09804vk.jpg

Do you know this tiny fish, rasbora maculata, - its such a fine little fish, - easy and cute, - it doesn't get very big, and you could easy have a little flock in 5 G.
You don't hear much about them, and I only know one shop that has them (thats in Copenhagen Smile ) but it could be worth while to see if you can find it.
I have in a small 20 L tank with only red cherry shrimps and a few wild-guppyes as companion, - and no heater, no filter, - just good maintenance, lots of live plants for oxygen, and then not overstocking it, - then its fine
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: