Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Starting with fish for the first time in a while.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maddness
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.06(Fri)16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

labrakitty wrote:
First, bala sharks are wayy to big! Iridescent sharks and way bigger than that. Much much too big for a 100 gallon. I think they need around a 500 gallon or something, like a giant pond. They get like 4' long or something. Mad

A 10 gallon is too small for 2 schools of fish. What about:

6 small tetras-neons, cardinals, glo-lights, black neons
1 dwarf gourami or 2 sparkling gouramis(these are very delicate though)

Or
6 small corys-habrosus, hastusus, pygmaeus
1 dwarf gourami or 2 sparkling gouramis(the sparklings are very delicate)

A 25 gallon is too small for a pictus too, I'm sorry. They are too active, and only for the quite experienced. What about:

1 red tail shark or rainbow shark (Get a cave for it so it has its own territory)
6 zebra danios (common or long finned)
6 leopard danios or gold danios (common or long finned)
6 corydoras- panda, schwartzi, julii, trilineatus. (Not albino, peppered or bronze or tiny ones)
1 bristle nose pleco (good algae cleaners)

Like either of these? Very Happy

well, a lot of the types you said had nothing to do what the types I want, I will not get a irredresant shark, I know they get big, pictus are not hard to care for, they don't get to big, but yes they are active, I know these things I was just asking opinions..

and like I said, the 25 gallon IF I get it, will only be a temporary home for the types of fish I said(redtail, pictus's, ect) after that they will probably be moved to a large tank like a 75 gallon, along with other types of fish.

in the 10 years that me and my uncle kept fish, I have learned a lot, I admit I am not an expert when it comes to fish, only snakes, but I am hearing things that don't make sense..

now, I would like some replys from people that can give me there opinions, keeping in mind the types of fish I want that I listed, and if the pH levels matter(like this fish needs this pH, and this fish needs that pH, but can they still go together?) type of thing..

also, I plan on having a few different set ups in the end, 1 set up will be something like a 25 gallon, with 1 or 2 schools of small tetras and rasboras, and a few other types of fish, another set up will be maybe 55 gallon, for bigger semi agressive fish, and the last will be a 75-100 gallon for either cichlids, or simeler fish to the 55 gallon.
labrakitty
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.06(Fri)16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, instead of 2 schools of 6 you could get 1 school of 12 or 3 schools of 4.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: