Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Rosy Barb Behavior
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duncanmaclean
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)19:27    Post subject: Rosy Barb Behavior Reply with quote

I am just starting out and have 3 leopard danios, 3 zebra danios, and 4 rosy barbs in a 20 gallon tank.

All is well except for one of the rosy barbs - the smallest, and I think the only male since he is all red - stays in hiding most of the time - near the bottom. He seems to be eating, but not like all the others who go after the food voraciously. He also seems to not swim around and "socialize" with the other fish. I do see him swim around the tank (top to bottom), but just isn't as playful as the others. Since I am new to this, I don't want to overreact, but should I be concerned with his behavior?

Thanks....
tigerbarb444
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 rosey barbs and have not seen this behavior but I have had many tiger barbs and I had an albino tiger barb who did that and seems to be fine
so I wouldnt worry but I'm also no expert
Daniel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.05(Thu)18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the other 3 are females they could be stressing him out.. but I'm not to wise about anything so I dunno.. I had a male guppy with 3 females who didn't like him and starved him and killed him.. The next male I put in there got them all in line ; ).. hehe I kid... but that may be the problem.. they want to mate and he doesn't
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: