Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fish dropping faster then I catch!!!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcojm
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)19:23    Post subject: Fish dropping faster then I catch!!! Reply with quote

I have a ten Gal Tank that has been running for almost a year. In the past twenty four hours I have had four fish die. Two Neons, my affection loving 'sucker-fish' and a bright orange fan tailed fish, who becaue I'm trying to think of the name I cannot remember!!! I did a water test and all levels are normal, my tank is running at 78 degrees, it did jump ealier today to 82 as I by accident hit the lever when I was cleaning, and they were all happy just days ago. I have recently added new fish to the tank, including two headlight neons and two blue fish, which I don't know the names as they were a gift. All the fish were gettign along swimmingly and now are just all dieing...any idea?
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the fish behaving? Are they more active than normal? Less active? Do they have any trouble swimming or breathing, are they sitting near the bottom, or up at the top gasping for air? Have you noticed any strange spots on them or noticable changes in their appearance? How long ago did you add the new fish?

I know it seems like a lot of questions, but the more information you provide will help to target the problem.
mcojm
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over all I would say that the fish are behaving normaly. A few have been 'playing tag' more then the used to, but then again I had just added more neon friends so I take that as they are playing. None of the fish seemed to have problems breathing or swimming. The new fish hae been added within the past week. I always treat with a solution called Aquari-sol once a week and when ever I add new fish. This solution is pale blue and treats Ick, Protozoan, Parasites, and Velvet. There is one fish though, now that I've just got up and looked, that seems to have a coat on him. He's whiter then normal, and seems to just want to hang around. Although, he's the only wierd looking fish.
mcojm
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost 3 more fish. My neons and my headlights. They all died within 12 hours. I've treated with the aquasol Solution, and finances right nwo I can't get to the store to buy an Ich medication solely. Any suggestions? I don't want anymore to die.
Psyfalcon
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure its ich? Normally that is small white spots, not something that looks like a coat. A fish can be pale just from stress and disease, as well as a fungus. Is it spots, or is it a fungus, or neither.

Also, why would you routenly treat with a medication? That is usually never good as it will, overtime weaken the fish.

Also, what are the tank parameters?
Size
livestock (go look them up if you need to, its important)
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate
anything else you can test.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: