Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
question about planting giant anubias
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefishguy
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)17:37    Post subject: question about planting giant anubias Reply with quote

Hi, I just got a giant anubia and it was in a tiny pot. the pot was ugly and I took it off. the site said to anchor it to a rock but mine has roots that go down almost 3 inches so I can see 3 inches of root on top of a rock under the plant. This is very ugly. Is it possible to somehow make the roots or whatevery the root things are called to be shorter? Can I partially plant it in the gravel so it doesn't look as bad or will this rot the roots that are in the gravel? Please give me suggestions!
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The roots should be fine beneath gravel. What you need to concern yourself with is making sure you don't plant the rhizome, that horizontally running piece of the plant that the roots grow from. I would not suggest cutting the rhizome or the roots however, as anubias are slow growers and take long to heal. Also, open wounds on their rhizome ocasionally become fungused, which can literally eat the plant from the inside.

Hope that helps

Jake
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: