Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
angel fish with holes
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)9:42    Post subject: angel fish with holes Reply with quote

I have an angel fish that I think has hole in the head disease but he still has a grat appetite and no tubular excretions he is howevermissing most of the top part of his mouth besides all this he dosen't seem to notice anything wrong with him. should I put him down? Any suggestions? Sad
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about your angel fish, however this part of the forum is for introducing ones self. This really should have been posted in the desiese and disaster forum. hopefully a moderator will move it for you,

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
dale
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.06(Fri)21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Morgan,
If the fish is not suffering, and you are not a breeder, then why not let it live? Many fish have defects or missing parts and do well just the same.
This all depends, of course, on wether this situation just developed or has been stable for a while. If the situation is new and you have other fish then you may want to isolate the angel to see how the disease progresses.
I am not sure about hole in the head with angels, having never had to deal with that disease myself (touch wood) perhaps someone with more experience will chip in about that.
Your angel could have parasites or it could have had a soft tissue injury (pehaps from ramming the glass) and developed a case of fungal rot which it then out grew. Does it have any dead tissue in that area or white cottony fluff?
Perhaps you could post its tankmates and the progression of the problem.
I recently had a scalare that lost most of its scales in the caudal peduncle area (fighting with a Discus). The damage looked bad (raw open wound) but it did heal over and new scales were produced.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
~sunshine~
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fish currently has this illness, too. It does sound like hole in the head disease, so jump on it fast. Isolate the fish , if possible. If you don't hav access to an isolation tank, don't worry about it. go to the pet shop and get some medicine. Make sure the medicine treats MICROBIAL infections. If that fails, go get some medication for BACTERIAL infections. Also, try to increase the quality of your water. Make sure your fish gets good nutrition. That is what I did, and I hope that helps you and our fishies heal!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: