Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
plants suffering
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joitoy
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)4:22    Post subject: plants suffering Reply with quote

My toad is doing great, my water is at safe levels (alternating changes of 50% then 100% every 3 days using spring water)

but my plant is suffering. I did another water change today, and when I removed them I saw that some stalks... stalk is like the only word I can use to describe it, were browning. Others were still in the wonderful condition I purchased them in. Out of about 15 stalks, I threw away 3. Two are in a brown edged condition but not cmpletley dead, nor completely healthy.

is there anything I can do for them to make them thrive better?

I own one firebelly toad, I am tol dand have researched they toxify water, could that be what is harming them and does that mean no plant will ever live well in the tank? I was going to upgrade to a 10 gal on the 15th and furnish it with more plants and have a lil jungle kind of look going on, but don't wan tto spend that money if he's just goin gto kill them with toxins. if thats the issue I'll just do rocks and wood.

I don't know hte name of the plant but is there a gallery I can look at to pick it out so I can give its name if needed for better advice?
Josh Hansen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)4:38    Post subject: Plants Reply with quote

You need a major requirement for your plants to thrive which are decent lights wattage, nutrient regime such as Iron both liquid and substrate fertiliser and CO2 in liquid or gas. If you achieve these requirements even though this is expensive in buying these materials your plants will thrive.

from Josh
joitoy
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to find out if the firebelly can withstand fertilizer in the water. I don't want to harm him trying to save the plants and make them thrive. he generally stays out of the water now anyway now that I've rearranged his tank, he settles on the rocks and silently croaks at us lik ehe's so happy now
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: