Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Stocking?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam hunt
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.02(Mon)21:36    Post subject: Stocking? Reply with quote

I have a pleco, 2 platys, rainbow shark, and 2 gourami. I am thinking about getting rid of 1 gourami and would like to get another fish. What are some other good fish to add to my tank. I have a 30 gallon tank.
kjh90
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a normal pleco? What type of gourmias?
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to get rid of a gourami? What type are they?

There are SO many fish you could add. Maybe look around the galley until you find some fish you like, then come back with some ideas, and we can let you know if they will work.
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.03(Tue)22:31    Post subject: OOpppss Reply with quote

I have a plecostumus, 2 kissing gouramis that fight a lot, 2 planties, and a redfin shark. I was considering getting rid of 1 gourami becasue of how they fight and replace it with a new fish or 2. Just wanted some ideas of some fish that would get along with the fish I already have. Sorry, should have been more specific. I have a 30 gallon tank.
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)7:53    Post subject: Re: OOpppss Reply with quote

sam hunt wrote:
I have a plecostumus, 2 kissing gouramis that fight a lot, 2 planties, and a redfin shark. I was considering getting rid of 1 gourami becasue of how they fight and replace it with a new fish or 2. Just wanted some ideas of some fish that would get along with the fish I already have. Sorry, should have been more specific. I have a 30 gallon tank.

What do you plan on doing with the fish you want to "get rid of"?

I would suggest maybe a small school of tetras?
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely would encourage you to find a more suitable home for one of the gouramis if you are having aggression issues between them.

Also, if it were me, I would find a better home for the Red Tailed shark as well. They get too large for a 30 gallon, IMO.

Finally, the pleco might become an issue for your tank as well. Common plecos reach great sizes, far too large for a 3p0 gallon. Additionally, the produce a lot of waste which will most likely cause water quality issues.

Jake
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: