Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
ill dwarf gourami
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HereFishyFishy
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)15:39    Post subject: ill dwarf gourami Reply with quote

well my dwarf gourami all of a sudden is looking ill... I think that my shrimp (which is missing now) got a nip at his tale (if I ever find the shrimp he is coming out of the tank) my fishes body just looks really old and his colors arent as pretty... he just kinda hangs around... I put in mela fix and a bubble stone to try and help but I don't know if it did my other fish are one oto (shrimp ate the other the same night as getting gouramis tail) and one pygmy corie (lfs just got more in but waiting to see what is wrong with my fish) my water parimiters are all fine and right on target I have a few live plants and I had a rock in there it was red and it wasnt causeing water problems but I reamoved it since that was my last addition so just to make sure I removed it... if anyone could help me I also posted a few days ago that he had holes in his head they havent gone compeatly away but they look a bit better and I treated with quick cure for that assuming it was a parasite... anyway if any one could help me that would be great
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melissa.. you seem to be having an awful time with fish keeping..

Is the fish store where you're getting these fish OK? I mean, do the tanks and fish look healthy there?

Is it possible to go to a different store?

Also, are you sure that you're parameters are OK? The temperature isn't too high/low?
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lfs is problebly fine my fish was bit by the shrimp of course he is going to have issues... I just want to help him in any way that I can.... everyone else is fine... just that one has been eatten by one that is missing and another has been bit and ya I guess you could say that I have had my share of problems but I started off wrong.... I think things are going well now once I get my gourami back into goo shape...
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he was bitten, he shouldn't be that bad..

My dwarf was extremly beaten up by 3 large three-spot gouramis..on the verge of death, and came back very quickly Smile

You spoke of him having hole-in-the-possibly though.. maybe he had that when he was at the LPS? maybe there is something wrong with your parameters?
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold on and I will post the water parm
HereFishyFishy
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.02(Mon)17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEA YEA he is back to great health!!!!! I am sooo happy I was very worried about him!! after a few doeses of melafix and several 10% water changes he was great!! snapped back in a matter of a few hours!!! I don't ever want this guy to get sick again! just thought that I would let you all know
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: