Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tire track eels
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faststang1
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)21:45    Post subject: Tire track eels Reply with quote

I have a tire track eel that I got the yesterday.It is about 9 to10in long.It has not ate at all.I was woundering how train it to eat from my hand. Smile
Mogwai
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your profile:

"I have a firemouth, jack dempsey, jewel cichlid, red terror, bumblebee cichlid, red oscar, tire track eel, plecostomus and a another african cichlid.they are in a 50 gallon tank. the oscar and the eel are the biggest fish in the tank."

Your eel may not be eating as he has not settled into the tank yet. You have some serious issues with tank size vs inhabitants there - do some research on why this tank is an accident waiting to happen. As a starting point, tyre track eels reach 90cm when adult and need a tank twice the size of the one you have. Shocked
adamprice271
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.02(Mon)21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bud, you need to ditch the africans, or the south americans. You only want one type of them in your tank becuase they require exact opposites in water chemistry. Try feeding your tiretrack eel ghost shrimp or bloodworms(that's what mine eat). Also, it is time to invest in a larger tank, becuase yours will soon outgrow your current aquarium. Good luck.

Adam
55g Community
75g. Reef tank (cycling)
135g. Needlenose gar, tiretrack eel tank
Faststang1
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the tiretrack eel have a little salt in the water. Smile
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: