Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New pics - angel, discus
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pankis
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)0:30    Post subject: New pics - angel, discus Reply with quote

Here's a few images I took a couple of hours ago in my 75 gallon plant tank. Let me know what you think.

One of my angelfish:

Another view:

My discus, behind a plant I finally got rooted into a piece of driftwood:

Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those fish look amazing, I'm so glad you shared Very Happy ! May I ask that we see a full picture of the tank, it looks ace. Wish I had a tank that looked as natural as that Smile .
Raul-7
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing tank, looks VERY natural! Smile What animal life do you hav in there...do your Angels eat your neons!? Is this an Amazonian biotope, but I don't think so since you have Clown Loaches! Anywayz great job...keep it up!
Skysong
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice fish and plant growth! Are those neons or cardinals? All I can see is the blue! Very natural, the biggest goal of an aquarist. Very Happy
pankis
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.15(Tue)2:18    Post subject: Details Reply with quote

I've posted pics of the whole 75 gallon tank before - I think that was on the old board though. I'll try to get a new one - I took some last night, but they all turned out blurry for some reason.

I'm a poor college student, so I don't really get a chance to buy plants or fish very much, so I'm kinda stuck with what I've got from my initial investment several years ago. I'm trying to get more plant cover for the tank by replanting shoots and extra stems from existing plants - it's working well, but it's a slow process. At this point, I'm not even sure what types of plants I've got beyond the ones I'm sure of, the anubias and the giant hygro. These plants shown here (yes, it's a "nursery" I've planted of new plants from the older plants) I think are some sort of fern - this gives you an idea of what's going on inside the tank though. It probably lends to the "natural" feel:

I inject CO2, and I've got four 48" flourescent light strips across the top of the tank. The fish have provided all the fertilizer for the plants for the last couple of years, so my one expense is food. I haven't really had any problem with fish dying at all - which is great because first of all I've gotten to know their personalities after having them for so long, and second, I don't have money at this time to buy more fish. Here's the inhabitants:

9 cardinal tetras
8 ottos
4 clown loaches
3 angelfish
2 bristlenose
2 rubbernose plecos
1 discus
1 siamensis
1 male betta
1 molly

The cardinal tetras are just big enough that the angels and discus don't eat them. Also, I have no problems with the angelfish and discus being in the tank together - they bump into each other and have squabbles now and then, but nothing serious. I've thought about the whole biotope thing, but don't really have the economic means at this point to do anything of the sort. I'm quite happy with how the tank looks, but of course, as with anything, there's always room for improvement. One of these days when I have money I'm going to try to get a few more plants - I'd like to add some color.
shuhsien
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.15(Tue)12:51    Post subject: aww those babies are soo cute Reply with quote

you;ve gotta put update pics on those cute little babies. I love watching little baby discus transforme into the beautiful kings and queens that they are. I got a question though, did your mated pair get really aggressive with the other fish in the tank ?
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.15(Tue)13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

That be java fern if I'm not mistaken. Again, I would just like to say That I think your tank looks lovely, in my opinion, it doesn't need any more plants Smile .
bteo3
Members

PostPosted: 2003.04.18(Fri)2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that amazonian look and the red substrate. It looks like you uses mostly low light plants which is something I've been wanting to create, and low maintanence too! I love to see more pics of this tank! What's your tank specs?
TetraKeeper808
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.18(Fri)15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

great fish, sounds like a great tank try to post that tank pic.
Brobro
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.18(Fri)18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!! great angels!

Jane
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: