Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
29g tear down, best approach for re-setup
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balance
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)7:55    Post subject: 29g tear down, best approach for re-setup Reply with quote

I just bought a house and will be moving in a month. So that means a complete tear down of the tank and it will be down for about 4 hours. I was planning to wrap all the plants in wet newspaper and put all the fish in a 5 gallon bucket of tank water. what should I dow to preserve the colony on my filter sponges? its an AC200 or I guess its a AC50 now..

On the re-setup. I run a 29g with 55w pc lighting and a co2 yeast setup. Currently using regular gravel. Would it be worth it to change over to eco-complete or flourite at this time? Any other suggestions on changes to make for better plant health as this is a convient time to make them.

basic stocking.
3 gourami
5 cory
4 danio
3 cherry barb
10 tetras
2 false sae
1 oto

camboda
ludwiga
rotala
crypts
swords
Fome
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just put the filter media (if it will fit) at the bottom of the bucket. This way if you're oxygenating and heating the bucket, the bacteria will benefit from this as well as getting food from the fish.
Balance
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about while in transit? there won't be any power.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: