Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fluval 404 vs Eheim Professional 2 thermal
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crindie
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)22:44    Post subject: Fluval 404 vs Eheim Professional 2 thermal Reply with quote

I have just bought both filters one for me and one for my brother. The fluval was my brothers, anyhow he ended up not useing it and now I think I want to. I would use the eheim but there are no parts or medie sold anywhere in my state that I know of!! The Fluval on the other hand, does. Should I use the fluval instead of the eheim? Please help. The tank is going to be a 92 gallon bow front corner tank houseing 4 Blood parrots.
Thanks
Crindie
asaint
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy your Eheim parts and media online. There are a number of online stores that sell both.

If you havn't cracked the box on one filter or the other, see if you can return it for a refund.

Which you choose to use is up to you. Contrary to some postings, there really isn't a "best" filter out there.

If you want to read reviews of both, they can be found at this link. Perhaps it will help you make up your mind.

http://www.cloudytanks.com

best of luck,
asaint
monkeyboy
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.01(Sun)6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at getting a Fluval before I got the Eheim. One of the reasons for choosing the Eheim was that after reading a few reviews found it was much easier to maintain than the Fluval. They are both good filters so it really depends on whether you want to make likfe easier for yourself when it comes to changing the media. You can also use other brands of media in the Eheim with the exception of the filters but as asaint said, you could by this online.
Josh Hansen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.01(Sun)8:26    Post subject: Filters Reply with quote

I find as long as the filter has a self primer and the hoses can be deattach from the filter without water spilling on the floor then the outer structure of the filter is fine. Make sure you are able to buy filter parts. It is the media I put in the filter that really makes a difference. I personally love Sera filter media over other media.

Good Luck

from Josh
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: