Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I need help! Ich problem!
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Santana
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)13:31    Post subject: I need help! Ich problem! Reply with quote

OK I've been runnin my tank now for over a month and gone through the cycles and everything was going fine then one day about half my fish started gettin white spots on there body and fins! Now so far it ha seffected 3 of my four black liretail mollies and 4 of my 6 white mollies and so far 3 of those four white mollies are dead now I do not know how much longer my other fish are going to last but I need all the ways I can possibly get rid of ich please respond thank you
Greatwhite
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your local fish store and buy some Ich meds. There are specially designed chemicals for Ich that work really well, which are commonly available almost everywhere. Cool
Santana
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I'll try it tonight and I'll report back
Josh Hansen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)8:41    Post subject: Ick Reply with quote

Increase the temperature to 30F in your tank will help and look out for wind draft from windows or doors
Goodluck
from Josh
~sunshine~
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)9:23    Post subject: easy to treat Reply with quote

This is definatly ich. Keep in mind that the ich paracite cannot live in salty water. Mollies also love salt. That is why mollies are mostly found in brakish tanks. Thus, salt would be a great way to aid treatment. YOu should add maybe one tablespoon of aquarium salt for every five gallons of water. Also, raise the temperature a couple degreese. You will also need an ich medication. One type of Medication that really works is called "rid-ich" and some medi-boost would help, too. This should target the ich and it will be gone in no time (or however many treatments the medicine reccamends). After the ich is gone, do a water change. Note: the medicine may stain your hands and turn your water different colors.
Faststang1
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)16:41    Post subject: ick Reply with quote

when my fish had ick I moved them into another tank.I kept the fish that did not have in the normal tank and moved the other fish out into they got better.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: