Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
neolamprologous leleupi help
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discuszeke
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.26(Tue)16:24    Post subject: neolamprologous leleupi help Reply with quote

I just bought 4 huge lemon cichlids from a fish auction for my 30 gallon. I really don't know much about them other than that they are from Lake Tanganikya, so I need big help. Mine seem to be VERY aggressive so far so would it be better to keep 2 or 3 in there? Will they breed in there? I'm also having big problems with getting them to eat - what should I feed them? I've tried flake food, beefheart, brine shrimp and they haven't really touched it. So basically I need a lot of info on these fish, thanks.

-Zeke
kjh90
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.26(Tue)16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search the genus name on google and you will find several sites on care and things like that.
discuszeke
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.26(Tue)17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the obvious but if anyone could give me answers to my specific questions (see above), that would be sweet
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.26(Tue)19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a 30g you'll be able to house a breeding pair and their brood. Since they are already adults it may take a bit to get a pair and there may be some serious aggression before you do. Make sure there are lots of rock scapes so they can hide and hope it works out. Wink
discuszeke
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.26(Tue)21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Huntress,

I also meant to ask, how can one tell the difference between males and females? I've noticed some coloration differences under the mouth, but I doubt that is it. Otherwise they look basically the same.

Also, what should I feed these guys????? They seem to be picky eaters
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

males and females look almost exacty alike until well into breeding age when subtle differences show.

They are not fussy eaters at all. Any decent cichlid pellet like New Life Spectrum or Omega is great.
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feed my brichardi, cichlid gold, omega one color flakes and cichlid flakes by wardley. As a treat they'll get freeze dried tubifex worms, frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp.

I would love to have a tank with lemons, but I have a thing for fairies. Smile
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: