Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Spring pond photo
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.24(Sun)19:01    Post subject: Spring pond photo Reply with quote

After the longest time I decided to take a photo of one of the two ponds(the other is not presentable). This pond is probably 5 or so years old and we don't know how much water it holds. Estimated maybe 2000 or so gallons. Inhabitants are a few goldfish as old as the pond, lilypads and other water plants, hair algae, and regrettably a large bullfrog and tads(invasive species in CA). This pond has problems with hair algae which I think might be due to light/few plants. I've been prodding Dad to perhaps get some for the pond as it is the season but he doesn't want to.

randomrambler
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.25(Mon)5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice looking Smile I wish I could have a pond hehe
fiffy
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.25(Mon)18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool. I've never had a pond before. what type of filtration do you have for it? Can you use like a pool filter? If so would a Sand filter or a Diotamatios(sp) Earth filter be better? Just wondering cause I would love to get one some day.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.25(Mon)22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

I have no idea what a pool filter is, but we are using a pond filter(believe it is made by Tetra). It is in this photo but behind the tree-disguised as a big black barrel. Diatomaceous earth filteration is not needed and would probably be a hassle as it would clog up very quickly. Dunno about a sand filter, but I've heard of them being used.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: